4 Ideas For a Halloween Birthday Bash
Turning another year older can be a scary thought. But you can take the sting out of that fact by throwing a Halloween birthday party! Whether you’re the guest of honor, celebrating a child’s birthday or surprising a friend, you’ll have a frighteningly fun time with these Halloween birthday bash ideas!
1. Diabolical Décor
Not sure how to set the scene for a Halloween shindig? You’ll be shocked to see how easy it is with a little help from these decorations.
- Skeleton Hand Punch Bowl – Serving up a witch’s brew for the adult guests? You could go the traditional route and rely on a common punch bowl. Or, you could put everyone in a seasonal mood with this decorative party essential. There are multiple variations available but we’re partial to this particular punch bowl.
- Ghost Balloons – Do you DIY décor? Silly ghost balloons are a fun and easy way to add a bit of eerie embellishment to your party. Learn how to make these Halloween birthday balloons in a few easy steps.
- Skull-Shaped Disco Ball – Mirror balls just won’t do at your monster mash. You need something more appropriate for the evening’s festivities. When it’s time for your guest to hit the dance floor they can do so under the glow of this skull-shaped disco ball.
2. Devilish Desserts and Dishes
In addition to plenty of food and drink, every birthday party needs an array of desserts (outside of a cake, of course). These three delicious dishes are frighteningly fun, easy to make and they double as decorations, too!
- Peanut Butter Halloween Eyeballs – They are creepy, colorful and your guests won’t be able to resist them. The perfect combination of sweet and salty, these Halloween treats are super easy to make.
- Graveyard Dirt Cupcakes – Here lies a classic cupcake recipe that’s to die for! These non-bake treats look fantastic and taste even better.
- Halloween Nachos – This seasonal take on a nacho spread substitutes apple slices for tortillas and peanut cups and pieces for the fixin’s. Guests will love to indulge in this rich dish.
3. Ghoulish Games
A Halloween Birthday bash is incomplete without participatory fun!
- Sugar Skull Pinata – It’s a decoration. It’s a game. And it’s loaded with candy! This sugar skull pinata is the perfect multi-purpose accessory for any Halloween party!
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt – The classic game gets a seasonal spin. A fun way to spread the fun throughout the evening, a scavenger hunt is fun for all ages, can be played as individuals or teams, and really gets folks up and out of their seats. Although there are many variations currently available, we think this budget-friendly version is the best around.
- Costume Contest – If you’re having a Halloween birthday party then you have to have a classic costume contest. Whether you take a vote and rely on a panel of judges, be sure to award guests in categories such as “Most Scary”, “Most Silly”, “Most Original” and more.
4. Spooky Sounds
Every party needs the perfect soundtrack. Besides spinning your favorite tunes, be sure to work in some Halloween-themed hits in the mix. Here are some albums we recommend for your killer playlist!
- Top Halloween Hits – This mix has all of the heavy hitters: Thriller, Ghostbusters, Werewolves of London, and, of course, The Monster Mash!
- Monster Zombie Boogaloo – Looking for something different? This frightfully fun mix of Halloween-themed rock, surf music and other off-the-wall songs is just what you need!
Now that you have lots of fun decor, dessert, games and music ideas for your bash, you just need to find the right spot to host it. You could try it at home. But unless you live in a castle, then your guests will be cramped and the bash may be a bust. Instead, why not host your Halloween birthday party at PineCrest! Our various rental spaces can easily accommodate you and your guests. And our expert party planning staff can help you plan the ultimate Halloween birthday bash. Call us today to book your party before it’s too late!